This hands on, interactive 3 day course combines theory with practice to equip students with the knowledge, confidence and skills to practice first aid in a competent, safe and professional manner. This qualification allows you to be a Designated First Aider.
This HSE approved course covers both theoretical and practical work and includes the following subjects:
- Aims of first aid
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (for adults, children and babies
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
- Contents of first aid boxes and their use
- First aid management of poisoning
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Personal hygiene in treating wounds
- Recognition and treatment of major illnesses (heart attacks etc)
- Simple record keeping
- Treatment and control of bleeding
- Treatment of shock
- Treatment of chronic conditions (epilepsy and diabetes)
- Treatment of injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Treatment of eye injuries
- Treatment of breathing difficulties
£120 Per Person
Each delegate receives a full training pack including up to date text book, resuscitation face shield, stationery and first aid training equipment for use during the course.
Certificates are awarded to students following a successful practical assessment. Certificates are valid for 3 years.