This one day (6 hour) course equips students with the knowledge and skills to manage an incident until professional help arrives.
This course will cover:
- Assessing the situation
- Adult resuscitation
- Basic fracture management
- Causes of unconsciousness (including common medical conditions)
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Heart attacks and angina
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Treatment of shock
- Wounds and the management of bleeding
All students will receive a full training pack including up to date course textbook, stationery and a resuscitation face shield.
This course is an interactive mix of theory and using practical skills. A certificate of attendance is awarded to candidates and is valid for 3 years.